I was amazed at the amount of positive feedback I got yesterday when Leo Laporte published the little twitlive.tv AIR application on his blog. Decided to address some of the excellent suggestions that were coming in and spent another hour or so working on it before releasing this 1.5 build.
Here's what has changed:
- The application has been renamed to "TWiT Live Desktop"
- Application icon is now vector and looks much better
- IRC channel is now supported
- Refresh button added to force reload the live stream
- Compact video mode plays the video in a smaller "always on top" window
In a next release I'll be looking at the following features:
- Add support back in for minimizing, maximizing and resizing the application
- Icon to toggle the "always on top" setting on the main window
- Preferences panel to tell the app to launch in regular or compact mode at startup, save your timezone setting so the Google Calendar displays the schedule for your timezone etc.
- Notes feature to allow you to quickly write down a URL or something interesting you heard and save it out to a file.
Some of the other feature requests that came in have to do with how Stickam handles their embedded video and chat. I'd love to talk to them to see if there's a way to make it work. If there is anyone from Stickam reading or you know anyone there feel free to send me an email.
For those wondering version 1.5 is about 40 lines of code at this point. I will be open sourcing the application at some point in time, probably in a release or two, and putting it up on Google Code.
Download and install here: [airbadge]TWiT Live Desktop, http://leoville.com/wp-content/uploads/twitlive-air/TwitLive.air, 1.5, /blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/twitlive-air-300x240.jpg[/airbadge]